K-21 Instruction for YFC Scholarship Memer Next Week

General Club Information in the last 180 days - Posts open to Club members only
Charles Petersen

K-21 Instruction for YFC Scholarship Memer Next Week

Post by Charles Petersen »

The third scholarship awarded by Youth Flgith Canada is to Ryan Khourchid. He is a licensed glider pilot and graduate of the Air Cadet trining program from 2019 (I believe), a classmate of Robbie and Rita, who have e been flying at York the last couple of weeks.

He has days off Friday, then next Wednesday. Thursday and Sunday.

I'm looking for someone who will give him the tour, get him signed up, and begin his training on ZH YFC's K-21. He doesn't yet have access to the Forum.

If you can take care of this, or one or more of these days, please respond and I'll relay the name and contact info for him to seek.

I am uncertain of my availability because of surgery my wife has scheduled for Friday.

Charles
Sarah Tengler

Re: K-21 Instruction for YFC Scholarship Memer Next Week

Post by Sarah Tengler »

Ryan should have access to the FORUM. An account has been created for him.
Charles Petersen

Post by Charles Petersen »

Can you instruct him on how to access it, - let me know if you need his email.
Ryan Khourchid

Post by Ryan Khourchid »

Hi all,

I've just gained access to the forum. My name is Ryan Khourchid and like mentioned above, I finished the glider pilot coarse with the Air Cadet program in the summer of 2019. I have just under 5 hours of solo time to date. Would love to come out sometime either Friday, next Wednesday, next Thursday, or next Sunday (or a combination of these dates). I have not gone gliding since October 2019, I am looking to regain currency as a solo pilot and then proceed with training for the Bronze Badge. Please let me know if there are any instructors who would be able to take me on until Charles is able to come back. Feel free to send me a private message and I can forward you my contact information.
Paul Chalifour

Post by Paul Chalifour »

Hi Ryan,
Congratulations on your scholarship.

We fly most days unless the weather does not permit...low ceilings, high winds etc. It is nice to have soaring conditions but there is lots to learn on days when there is no lift too, particularly in the early stages of transition to our glass fleet.
I am looking forward to meeting and flying with you.

Paul Chalifour
Ryan Khourchid

Post by Ryan Khourchid »

Hi Paul,

Will you be in on Friday (weather permitting of course)? If so would you be interested in taking me up that day? I can always come another day next week.
Kenneth Voort

Post by Kenneth Voort »

I have no doubt Paul can take you up if you're both there, I've flown with him. He's a bit of an odd duck though, he might not be able to bring you back down :mrgreen:
With grace and beauty, Strength and cunning She’ll stay aloft — until; Inevitably — she loses. And must glide earthward. And lie there helpless, Lovesick for the sky.
Paul Chalifour

Post by Paul Chalifour »

Quack,
There will be at least 2 towpilots and 2 instructors there today. The hangar doors will open by 11:00. We will try to give you a Charlesworthy tour of York's excellent fleet and facilities and then fly.
Don't forget a hat, sunglasses, your lunch, sunscreen and water bottle; it should be a nice sunny day.
PaulC
Ryan Khourchid

Post by Ryan Khourchid »

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I am stuck at work today. Would tomorrow work by any chance?
Dave Bax

Post by Dave Bax »

Every day is good Ryan, weather permitting.